Monday, January 18, 2010

Feeling icky!



I have been eating clean now for almost 3 weeks and I have to say that I have felt SO good and had SO much energy.
Tonight while I was waiting in the car for one of my children I realized I felt very hungry. Of course I had forgotten to pack a snack just in case this happened. Well unfortunately for me there is a bakery that is right next door. I thought "Oh, I'll go in there and see what they have." I found a wonderful loaf of whole wheat bread that had only 5 ingredients in it and it is made locally. Both of those things are great qualities in a food. I also found a yummy donut. I was so hungry that I decided to buy one knowing that it had a chance of making me feel not so good. I bought my bread and my donut and went to the car to wait. I ate the donut.... I haven't felt this sick in a long time. I have never had a donut make me feel the way that I feel right now. My stomach hurts and I feel so drained and totally icky. I think it is a good thing that I feel this way! It makes me realize how good I feel when I feed my body good foods and how bad I can feel when I don't. I'm sure it will be a very long time before I eat another donut.

No comments: