Sunday, January 17, 2010

Not sure what to call it.


I've seen the Dr. Oz show a few times and I've heard about his "green drink" I was wondering what was in it. I found a recipe online (of course I can't find the website now) that is somewhat like his (no juicer needed). I whipped it up and it wasn't the best smoothie, but it wasn't the worst either. I have made a few time and I think it gets better with each time. I suggest playing with it and making it to suit your pallet. I also cut the recipe in half so there wasn't so much. When I had it as a snack it made me fill full for a long time, more time then I thought it would.

Serves 1-2

Ingredients:
1 Cup Spinach
4 Celery Stalks
1 Cucumber
1 Large Apple (cored and peeled)
1 Lemon (juiced in a citrus juicer or by hand)
1 Lime (juiced in a citrus juicer or by hand)
1/2 Inch Piece of fresh Ginger (peeled)
(small handful of parsley)
water, to blend
ice cubes (optional)

Directions:
Mix everything in a blender and blend until smooth. If needed blend on high 2-3 times until fully blended. Pour into two tall glasses and serve with ice cubes if desired.

1 comment:

Me said...

I added some carrots and banana to the drink and it tastes a lot better. I think I could drink it more often with those added ingredients.