Monday, January 18, 2010

Vitamin booster smoothie


This smoothie is REALLY yummy. The alfalfa sprouts stand out the very most to me in flavor, but I like them so, therefore it is good. What's so nice about this smoothie is my kids like it as well. I find that you can hide things in smoothies that your kids won't eat, but are good for them and they end up loving the smoothie.


Vitamin booster smoothie

1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
1/4 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup frozen mixed berries
1/4 cup frozen mango (I didn't add the mango because I didn't have any and it was still yummy)
1 tsp flax oil (I was out of oil so I just ground up some flaxseeds and added them)
1 scoop Whey protein powder, vanilla or unflavored
1 Tbsp agave nectar or organic honey
1 cup cold water

Puree all ingredients.

Found this in The Eat-Clean Diet cookbook by Tosca Reno pg 37

No comments: