Sunday, January 17, 2010

starting something new

I’m starting this blog because I thought it might be fun to tell about the changes that we have decided to make in our house hold. Over the past 3 years I have tried to live a healthier life style. It has definitely had its ups and downs. Over the past few weeks I have become excited about “clean-eating” This means trying to avoid

• Over processed, refined foods.
• Chemicals and preservatives
• White flour
• White sugar
• Artificial sugars
• Saturated and trans fats.
• Calorie-dense foods with little or no nutritional food value.

So far the whole family has really enjoyed the foods that have been made. I personally feel the difference. I’m happier and I have more energy. I think the best part is I have really noticed a difference in my oldest child. He is a very high energy kid that would throw tantrums occasionally like many kids do, but we have noticed a reduction in those and he seems more grown up. We have yet to determine if it’s the food change or if he is simply going through a phase. Only time will tell.
So here’s to the beginning of something I’m hoping will be great.

No comments: